Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Philipe Petit: Man On Wire: A life changing experiance


 Yesterday luckily i got my hands on the oscar nominated documentry MAN ON WIRE. Although i was not sure; if i would like it in the beginning but in the end i had to say that it was one of the best documentry i ever watched. it was a breath of fresh air for me. it really motivated and inspired to follow my own dream unlik what i have always been taught. I could see the protagnist; i could feel him as if the narration and the events were taking place in front of my eyes. 
 I was overwhelemed to see a very humble person like Philipe Petit; not following the traditional idea and being a part of the rat race. He did what he liked, wire walking. Even though Philipe Petit comes from a humble family he managed to achieve what generally all the rich people cant achieve even with their bags full of money, he achieved happiness. he did what he liked to do, so he enjoyed his work and when u enjoy what u do u can achieve anything. he enjoyed his work and wire-walked across the twin WTC towers. While reading this interview i came across a quotation ;
"I'm very good at spending money...somehow i'm very bad at growing money. And i dont care...I know how to live with nothing."
 it gave me the motivation that even thogh for now i am not in such a great position but if i dedicate myself towards my goals i will be also able to achieve like him.While going through an interview i got to kn0w that he does not even own a television although he has quite expensive wines. He just does what he loves and leaves other things aside without giving much concern about other people which reminds me a quaotaion that " If i am happy...my world is happy."
It was just amazing to be able to watch this astonishing journey of his. i would recommend everybody to watch this documentry. Its life changing.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment